Location : Koltiva Main Office, Jakarta
Job Code : MGR-OM
The Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day activities of PT Koltiva across multiple agriculture commodities with a smooth efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of customers and clients. She/he is based in the Koltiva South Jakarta main office and supervising a team of Field Coordinators and Field Agents across more than 50 Districts from Sumatra to Sulawesi. Current Koltiva products include #CocoaTrace, #PalmOilTrace and #PatchouliTrace, but the Operations Manager has knowledge about all #CommodityTrace platforms in Koltivas’ product pipeline including main agriculture commodities traded in Indonesia. The Operations Manager reports directly to the PT Koltiva CEO, and works closely with the Internal Management System (IMS) Manager to ensure technical support is available and liaise with relevant authorities, clients and partner organizations.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in project management in agriculture related private or public funded projects;
- At least Bachelor degree in agriculture, management, social, or statistics;
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English (written and spoken), and excellent reporting skills;
- Must have thorough understanding of agriculture supply chains, especially cocoa, palm oil and natural ingredients;
- Talented to strategically advise staff to achieve high targets under tight deadlines;
- Able to work under difficult circumstances and display good judgment;
- Good problem solver and excellent communication skills;
- Committed to work under pressure and flexible working hours;
- Able to frequently travel to project locations across Indonesia to meet clients and supervise Koltiva Field Staff;
The Operations Manager has demonstrated involvement in managing field staff across Indonesia. Further tasks related to staff management include:
- Plan and ensure the effective implementation of supply chain actors data collection and farm surveys/mapping, mainly in Sumatra and Sulawesi;
- Ensure correct allocation of responsibilities within the team to ensure Koltiva field services are delivered in time, in an efficient and effective manner;
- Play key role in development of systems, guidelines, and operating procedures to ensure the successful implementation of the data collection. This includes being responsible for the assessment in quality of data collected by field staff and disciplinary actions in terms of underperformance.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Ensure all Field Agent collect and review data as per individual schedules and targets;
- Responsible for daily review and verification of collected data and maps to ensure quality of deliverables based on our client agreements;
- Work together with software development team to ensure seamless development and use of mobile applications for Field Agents and other users of Koltiva software solutions
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation visits to assess the effectiveness of data collection process;
- Planning of regular evaluations of data collection activities to provide recommendations to CEO, IMS manager, and development team;
- Responsible for written inputs in project progress reports from the operations teams across Indonesia.
- Supervise Field Coordinators and provide support in all their activities;
- Assist in the development of Field Coordinators and Field Agents professional skills;
- Conduct Field Coordinators evaluations as appropriate and supervise evaluations of Field Agents;
- Ensure all field staff are in compliance with Koltiva administration and company policies;
- Participate in performance evaluation meetings with field staff, the IMS Manager, and the CEO.
- Liaise with local government agencies as directed by the CEO;
- Represent Koltiva to private sector partners, government officials and other parties both professionally and personally in appropriate manner and as per Koltiva policies;
- Coordinate with the IMS Manager the field activities related to Koltiva services and client requirements guided by the leadership of the CEO.